|2021—||Normal Cake, Please|
Performer, Cowriter, Codirector. Fictional queer wedding in churches or other religious spaces. Concept: Nina Larissa Bassett (DK), Ivo Briedis (LV), Jamie MacDonald (CA/FI) & Janne Saarakkala (FI). Performed with local artists. Choreography: Kira Riikonen (FI). Costume: Paula Koivunen (FI). Produced by Uneasy Listening Society (DK)
* St Paul's Church / Music Theatre Kapsäkki / Helsinki Pride, Helsinki, Finland, 2021
* Carmelite Priory / Passage Festival, Helsingør, Denmark, 2021
* Anglican Church of Holy Saviour / Patriarha Rudens, Riga, Latvia, 2022
Helsinki Trailer Angela Trailer Viesturs Trailer Jack Trailer Leo Trailer Haastattelu Interview TV reportage
|2012—2014||Leftovers from the War|
Concept, scripts, direction and performers: Nina Larissa Bassett (DK), Ivo Briedis (LV), Elin Petersdottir (IS) & Janne Saarakkala (FI). Site-specific performance for historical sites or museums.
* National Museum of Finland / Baltic Circle International Theare Festival, Helsinki, 2012
* National Museum of Finland / TING—Nordic Culture Festival in Helsinki, 2012
* Odsherred Kulturhistorisk Museum / OK13 Odsherred Kulturfestival, Denmark, 2013
* Corner House, the former KGB headquarters of Riga / Riga2014—European Capital of Culture programme, Latvia, 2014
trailer blog TV ohjelma arvio review
|2009—2011||@work Network: Civilisation|
Coordinator, Director and Performer. European Performance Research Project, cooperation between seven Performing Art Groups from Denmark, Finland, Germany, Greece, Latvia, Sweden & UK. Reality Research Centre / @work Network
|2008—2009||In the Nude|
Concept creators, script writers, directors and performers: Nina Larissa Bassett (DK), Ivo Briedis (LV) and Janne Saarakkala (FI). Production by TeaterKUNST, Denmark. Site-specific performance in a hotel about comfort of the strangers.
* Hotel Helka, Helsinki, Finland, /theatre.now –festival, Kiasma Theatre, The Museum of Contemporary Art of Finland, 2008
* Fairmont The Queen Elizabeth Hotel, Montreal, Canada, Copenhagen International Theatre show case in CINARS 2008
* Maritim Park Hotel Riga, Latvia, The New Theatre Institute of Latvia, 2008
* First Hotel Skt. Petri, Copenhagen, Denmark, TeaterKUNST, 2009
Member in performance art group with Berlin-based Joy Harder and Jörn J. Burmester.
* Japanese Living, video-series in YouTube & a performance at Performer Stammtisch, Berlin, 2012
* Tiny Open Space & Bottle Party in a private apartment in Prenzlauer Berg, Berlin, 2012
|2006—2007||@work Network: The Story of Work|
Member of the Artistic Steering Group, Workshop Instructor, Script Writer, Director and Performer. European Performance Research Project, cooperation between five Performing Art Groups from Denmark, Finland, Germany, Sweden & UK. Reality Research Centre / @work Network supported by EU—Culture 2000
Culture exhange project between Finnish and Mozambican theatre artists by PAND—Artists for Peace in Finland.
* Coordinator and Instructor in Workshop in Directing, Maputo, Mosambique, 2000
* Performer and Cowriter in "Nada De Especial" directed by Titta Halinen. Co-production with Grupo Teatro M’Beu in Teatro Avenida, Maputo, Mozambique, 2001
* Instructor in Community Theatre Workshop, Maputo, Mosambique, 2001
* Dramaturge and Co-Director with Carlos Alberto, also Coordinator and Instructor of Production Workshop for "A Boa Alma Da Feira" (an adaptation from Bertolt Brecht’s play "The Good Soul of Sezuan"). Co-production with Grupo Teatro Hopangalatana, Maputo, Mosambique, 2002
* Coordinator and Instructor in Workshop in Directing, Nampula, Mozambique, 2003
Performer and Co-Director with Katariina Numminen; manuscript by the working group. Cooperation of Theatre Academy of Finland and University of Dar-Es-Salaam part II. Performed in Tampere Theatre Festival and Helsinki Festivals
|1995||Community Theatre Project|
Participant in series workshops and performances in Mtwara region, Tanzania. Cooperation of Theatre Academy of Finland and University of Dar-Es-Salaam part I.
|1994||Suuri Tammi / Great Oak / Mbuyu Mkubwa|
Director’s Assistant and Performer. Directed by Laura Jäntti.
* Joensuu Song Festivals, Finland, 1994
* Bagamoyo Theatre Festival, Tanzania, 1994
* Performed also in Dar-Es-Salaam, Morogoro and Zanzibar in Tanzania, 1994
Image: Normal Cake, Please 2021, Ivo Briedis